Thessaloniki, Greece, June 23, 2016 - This is the second time within one week Greece and Puerto Rico will face each other in a FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 3 match in Greece. Last week in Kozani, the hosts shut out the Caribbean team and will be looking to do it again in Thessaloniki this Friday.
• Greece won their first ever World League encounter with Puerto Rico on 18 June 2016: 3-0.
• Mitar Tzourits (12), Georgios Petreas (10) and Rafail Koumentakis (10) all scored 10+ points for Greece in that match, while for Puerto Rico only Steven Morales reached double figures (10).
• This was the only meeting between these teams at major tournaments this century.
• Greece won their first three matches at the 2016 World League: they defeated Kazakhstan and Puerto Rico in straight sets and won their last match against Chinese Taipei 3-1.
• Together with Slovenia and Montenegro, they are the only team to remain unbeaten in Group 3 of the World League coming into the second week. Greece are the only team losing only one set among Group 3 teams.
• Greece could start their World League campaign with four victories for the first time.
• They also could win four consecutive World League matches for the first time since 2004.
• Andreas-Dimitrios Fragkos has the highest spike success rate of all players in Group 3: he scored 32 points from 44 attempts (73%).
• Puerto Rico lost their opening matches at the 2016 World League in straight sets against Chinese Taipei and Greece, but won their last match against Kazakhstan 3-0.
• They could win consecutive World League matches for the first time.
• Steven Morales has scored 55 points, fourth most of all Group 3 players this World League season.