Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 19, 2016 – Slovenia will be aiming to make it three from three in front of their home fans when they take on Venezuela on Sunday.
· This will be the first ever meeting at a major tournament between Venezuela and Slovenia.
· Venezuela have lost their last 17 matches against CEV sides. Their last victory over a CEV team came at the 2009 World League, as they proved too strong for Finland in straight sets.
· Venezuela have lost 45 of 54 World League matches against CEV teams, including the last nine. Only between 2002 and 2003 they had a longer losing streak (12 matches).
· Venezuela have won their first two matches in the 2016 World League. They won in straight sets against Tunisia and defeated Qatar 3-1.
· Venezuela never won their first three matches of a single World League campaign.
· Their total of three wins in a row in the World League are already a team record, as they won the first two of this year and the last match of last year against Kazakhstan.
· Venezuela can win three matches in a single edition for the first time since winning five in 2005 (team record).
· Kervin Pinerua scored a team-high 43 points this tournament.
· Slovenia have won their first ever two matches at the World League.
· After winning against Qatar (3-1) in their opener they defeated Tunisia in straight sets.
· Mitja Gasparini is Slovenia's leading scorer with 32 points. With 15 points he became the match top scorer against Tunisia.