Frankfurt, Germany, July 2, 2016 - Chinese Taipei and Greece will face each other for FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 3 bronze. Their meeting in Germany on Saturday comes after the two teams already met once in this year's edition. Then Greece beat the Asian side by 3-1 at home.
• These teams will meet each other for the second time in the World League. The first encounter came last week, when Greece won 3-1 in front of a home crowd in Kozani.
• Since the start of the 2015 season, Greece have played five AVC nations in World League competition, winning two (Kazakhstan, Chinese Taipei) and losing three (China twice, Qatar).
• Chinese Taipei have played four matches against CEV opposition in the World League. They lost to Greece (3-1), beat Spain and Germany (3-1 each) and lost to Germany (3-0).
• On Friday, Chinese Taipei lost their Final Four match against Germany (3-0), a team they managed to beat last weekend (3-1).
• This defeat halted a three-match winning streak for Chinese Taipei n the competition.
• Debutants Chinese Taipei are looking to keep their positive balance alive in the World League. They have four wins and three defeats thus far.
• Chinese Taipei have yet to play a five-set match at the World League.
• Greece lost their Final Four match against Slovenia in straight sets. This was their second straight-set defeat in their last three matches, after winning at least one set in each of their last 10 previous matches.
• Greece will aim to avoid back-to-back defeats in the World League. The last time this happened to them was in 2005 (three straight). They were absent from 2006 until their return in 2015.
• Greece have a 100% winning record against three teams they met twice or more in the World League: Slovakia (2 wins), Puerto Rico (2) and Mexico (2). A Greece win would add Chinese Taipei to this list.