Kozani, Greece, June 18, 2016 – There will be a sense of unfamiliarity when Greece and Puerto Rico clash in the FIVB Volleyball World League on Saturday.
· Greece and Puerto Rico have never met before at a major tournament.
· Greece have won their last two matches with NORCECA sides, which came at last year's World League: they defeated Mexico by 3-2 and 3-0.
· Puerto Rico played four matches against CEV sides in 2015, all in the World League. They lost each of those matches (against Turkey and Montenegro). Their last victory over a CEV team came at the 2014 World Championship against Italy (3-1).
· Greece won their 2016 World League opener against Kazakhstan in straight sets.
· The 2016 World League can become the fifth World League edition in which Greece start with two victories after 1994, 2002, 2003 and 2005.
· Greece have never won two consecutive World League matches without conceding a set.
· Andreas-Dimitrios Fragkos scored a team-high 15 points in Greece's 3-0 win over Kazakhstan, including 13 spikes.
· Puerto Rico suffered a straight-set defeat against Chinese Taipei in their first match of their 2016 World League campaign on Friday.
· Puerto Rico have now lost seven of their last eight World League matches. In this run, they only avoided defeat against Tunisia in their final match of their 2015 World League campaign.
· Steven Morales scored 20 of Puerto Rico's 63 points against Chinese Taipei (32%).