Bratislava, Slovakia, June 21, 2016 - Slovakia will start their home tournament in FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 2 with a match against Cuba, a team they have never met before at a major tournament.
• This is the first meeting between Slovakia and Cuba at a major tournament.
• Slovakia have won three of their four World League matches against NORCECA teams; the last three.
• Cuba have lost their last five World League matches against CEV teams. Their last victory was against Turkey (3-2) in the final of the Group 3 Final Four of the 2014 season.
• Slovakia can win successive World League matches for the second time, following victories over Puerto Rico and China in 2014.
• They have won their last two World League five-setters, after having lost their first six.
• Slovakia have won three of their five World League matches on home soil, including their most recent one against China in last year's Final Four.
• Cuba have not won a World League match by 3-0 in their last 18 attempts. They last won in straight sets against Tunisia in 2014.
• Their 18 consecutive matches without a 3-0 victory is a joint team record (1994-1995).
• Cuba have won their last six World League matches that went into a fifth set. This is their joint-longest such streak in the competition (also in 1993-1995).