Seoul, Korea, July 2, 2016 - Korea will try to make it three in three in front of the home fans at the FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 2 tournament in Seoul as they meet the Netherlands on Sunday.
• Korea and Netherlands have met 22 times in the World League, with Netherlands winning 20 of these matches.
• Korea won the very first meeting between these two in five sets on 11 June 1993. Their other win came in 2014 (3-1).
• The last two matches between these teams at the World League ended in five sets and on both occasions Netherland won the final set.
• By beating Egypt 3-2 on Saturday, Korea made it back-to-back World League wins after starting the season with six straight defeats.
• For Korea, it was the first time since 2013 that they won successive matches in the competition. They have not won three straight since 1995.
• Their win against Egypt marked the first time since 2012 that Kore emerged victorious in a World League match that was decided in a fifth set.
• Against Czech Republic on Saturday Netherlands won 3-1 to extend their winning streak to four.
• This is the longest winning streak by the Dutch in the competition since 2014.
• Netherlands have not won more than four in a row in the World League since 2001.