Ceske Budejovice, Czechia, June 16, 2016 - In the opening match of the FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 2 tournament in Ceske Budejovice, hosts Czechia will face Egypt along with all the unknowns that come with any first "date."
• Czech Republic and Egypt will meet for the first time in the World League.
• Czech Republic have never faced CAVB opposition before in the competition.
• Egypt have won only six of their previous 28 World League matches against CEV countries, including the last three against Spain, Slovakia and Montenegro.
• Czech Republic will appear in a fourth World League after a fourth place finish in 2003, a 16th place in 2014 and a joint-15th place in last year's edition.
• Czech Republic have lost all of their previous three World League opening matches, all with a 3-1 scoreline.
• Three of Czech Republic's last four 3-0 wins in the World League al came on home soil.
• Czech Republic won their final match of last year's World League edition 3-0 against Japan and can record back-to-back straight set victories for the second time in the competition since June 2003.
• Egypt will make their sixth World League appearance, after 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2015.
• Egypt have won two of their previous five World League opening matches: 3-2 against Poland in 2008 and 3-2 against Finland in 2010.
• Egypt have won eight of their last nine World League matches, including their last seven. Their last defeat in the competition came in last season's opener against Spain (3-2).
• Egypt won more matches in last year's World League (7) than in all their 48 WL matches prior to 2015 (6).