Lodz, Poland, June 25, 2016 - On Saturday, the reigning world champions Poland lost at home to Russia in their FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 1 encounter. Also in Lodz, the incumbent World League winners France were upset by winless Argentina. Both Poland and France will now be looking for recovery as they clash with each other on Sunday.
• Poland have lost their last three World League matches versus France, including last year's semifinal.
• They last beat France on 11 July 2007, 3-2 in the Group Stage.
• The last four World League meetings between these teams all ended in five sets.
• In total these teams have met 10 times at the World League. Poland have won four times and France six times.
• Poland lost 3-1 to Russia on Saturday. Bartosz Kurek scored a match-high 21 points.
• Poland have lost three of their last four World League matches, the exception being the 3-1 win over Argentina on 24 June.
• Three of Poland's last four losses at the World League came by a 3-0 score line.
• France lost 3-2 to Argentina on Saturday, their second loss at the 2016 World League.
• In 2015 France only lost one World League match. In 2014 they lost three matches.
• Four of their last five losses came by a 3-2 score line. The other was the 3-1 defeat to United States in 2015.
• Antonin Rouzier scored 29 points in the match against Argentina, 10 more than any other player of both teams.