Rome, Italy, June 26, 2016 - With a 4-1 FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 Group 1 win-loss record each and a 12-to-11 head-to-head World League results so far, Italy and USA will face each other in Rome
• United States can draw level with Italy in their World League head-to-head results. Currently they have met on 23 occasions, with Italy winning 12 times and United States 11 times.
• Their most recent meeting was in the 2014 Group Stage. Italy won in straight sets.
• United States had won their three World League matches versus Italy prior to that loss in 2014.
• Their most recent match-up at a major tournament was at the 2015 World Cup. United States won 3-0.
• United States beat Australia 3-1 on Saturday, with Matthew Anderson finishing as USA's top scorer (18 points).
• They are yet to win or lose a match in straight sets this World League season.
• Their last 3-0 at the World League was the straight sets win over Poland in last year's final for third place.
• United States have won four of their last five matches versus CEV teams, the exception being the 3-2 loss to Serbia in the 2015 semifinal.
• Italy's all five matches in the 2016 World League have finished in straight sets: W4-L1.
• Italy can win five successive World League matches in straight sets for the first time since 1993, when they had a run of seven World League matches without losing a set.
• They can win five successive World League matches for the first time since a run of seven wins in 2013-2014.
• Luca Vettori is Italy's highest scorer with 68 points.