Lausanne, Switzerland, May 25, 2016 – Argentina’s Facundo Conte will miss the FIVB Volleyball World League 2016 due to injury coach Julio Velasco revealed on Tuesday.
The 26-year-old outside hitter is expected to be fit for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games however.
"Facundo is to trying to resolve problems ahead of Rio," Velasco said.
Conte was the second highest scorer at last year’s FIVB Volleyball Men’s World Cup, claiming 214 points as the world No.6 finished fifth.
Despite losing one of his key players, Velasco said the World League would provide good preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
"We will face the best in the world. That's very good because it will give opportunities to learn to not play always the same. This experience will make the team grow stronger ahead of the Olympics."
Argentina have returned to Group 1 of the World League alongside the United States, Brazil, Iran, Poland, France, Russia, Italy and Serbia.